Brisbane Support Office
Swissport is the global leader of ground services and cargo handling for the aviation industry. You’ll find us at 315 airports in 50 countries.
We are proud of our dedicated workforce of 68,000 team members. In Australia and New Zealand, Swissport operates at 32 airports, partnering with all major domestic airlines and many international carriers in the region.
Our Mission – Provide the aviation industry with innovative solutions and a superior service experience of consistent quality around the globe.
Swissport is focused on consolidating and strengthening our market position to ensure we are constantly driving industry innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability. We live by the “Three Ps”:
We are currently seeking a professional and enthusiastic Manager Fleet – Pacific Region to join our Pacific leadership team based at Swissport Brisbane Support Office. Reporting to the Head of Fleet & Procurement APAC, the role will be responsible for ensuring fleet and equipment management excellence by working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure safe, effective and efficient management of our fleet of airport ground support equipment across Australia and New Zealand.
- Demonstrated achievement managing, large scale technically complex fleets across geographically spread operations;
- Fleet management leadership experience in a fast-paced operationally critical environment;
- Extensive management of internal and external fleet maintenance providers;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive and Web/Teleconferencing.
- Direct aviation experience including leadership in fleet management or GSE related area desirable;
- Working knowledge of airline, ground handling or airport operations and processes desirable;
- Engineering or technical trade experience desirable;
- Experience in developing and implementing business improvements and change management strategies desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead development and delivery of fleet strategy, aligned to Regional and/or Global strategy and KPI’s;
- Strong technical capability relating to motorised fleets;
- Highly developed supplier and contract management competencies;
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making skills particularly relating to complex technical fleet issues and fleet planning;
- Effective leadership skills to lead a team and influence stakeholders to achieve positive business and operational outcomes;
- High level verbal reasoning, communication and interpersonal skills with the aptitude to be able to lead, direct, coach, develop and motivate a team and/or key stakeholders;
- Ability to work with minimal direction, displaying initiative and motivation;
- Demonstrate high-level personal qualities in relation to adaptability, flexibility, commitment, ability to apply sound judgment and reasoning, and the ability to effectively priorities tasks;
- High level administrative, planning, time management and organisational skills;
- Strong ability to develop proficiency in using company IT systems.
- Engineering or technical trade qualification desirable;
- Tertiary qualification in Aviation, Leadership or Business/Management related field desirable.
Key Accountabilities / Duties
- Lead fleet and equipment management strategy and tactical execution, for all fleet and equipment assets located at up to 40 airports across Australia and New Zealand;
- Lead fleet maintenance strategy and execution including management of internal and external maintenance providers;
- Lead fleet planning to meet business requirements including seasonal variations to maximise asset return on investment and utilisation;
- Build strong relationships with equipment OEM’s and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective procurement and maintenance of equipment;
- Deliver fleet analytics to ensure asset performance is maximised;
- Monitor fleet analytics to optimise asset TCO and through life support;
- Functional responsibility for asset register ensuring accurate and up to date asset records are maintained;
- Establish and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual safety, fleet, financial and administrative Key Performance Indicators;
- Project manage business improvement and change projects as required;
- Encourage and promote Swissport’s culture of safety, service, operational excellence and efficiency.
- Contributing to the development of airport strategies and business initiatives;
- Undertake travel interstate and overseas for support and training requirements, occasionally at short notice;
- Work variable hours (including early starts, late finishes and weekends) where required;
- Other duties as required – the above listed duties do not limit what may reasonably be requested of you during the course of your employment.
Applications must be in writing with experience and required skills addressed and supported with evidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Please note: Only permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand, or persons who have the right to work in Australia may apply.